This post is now outdated. For up-to-date information and better gear recommendations, please go HERE.
As promised, I have compiled an Ulduar loot list for all the hot cats out there. Note that this list onlyÂ includes loot that’s new in 3.1 and that it’s entirely possible that more loot is yet to be discovered. If there are leather items you know have dropped and they haven’t been included, do me a favor and drop me a line so that I can add them to the spreadsheet. When considering what gear I chose as a top choice, remember:
- Agility and Armor Penetration are the “best” stats to stack as a Cat right now. This doesn’t mean that you won’t benefit from Critical Strike, STR, or Haste.Â
- You will want your two-piece T7/7.5 and two-piece T8/8.5 bonuses.
- Best-in-slot means nothing if you’re not Hit or Expertise capped (or at least fucking close); choose the proper gear accordingly.
- In most cases, 25-man Ulduar gear will be better than 10. Sorry, kids.
- I’m not including pre 3.1 gear. There’s a good chance you’re already wearing some sweet stuff. Make sure you do your research before assuming something in Ulduar is 100 percent better.
- Where my idols at? For DPS, you’re still going to be alternating between the Idol of the Ravenous Beast (especially if you stack ArP) and Idol of Worship.
- Trinkets? Do yourself a favor and go get that Darkmoon Card: Greatness. Pair that up with something like Grim Toll or Bandit’s Insignia or the Mirror of Truth, and you’re good to go.
And without any other further ado, here’s my DPS gear shortlist! For a full rundown of gear and stats, please download my 3.1 Gear List Spreadsheet here.Â
- Back: Drape of the Lithe. Drops from Heroic Iron Council.Â
- Chest: toss up between Winter’s Icy EmbraceÂ (Heroic Hodir) and Conqueror’s Nightsong RaimentsÂ (Heroic Hodir). If you’re looking for more ArP, go with the Embrace. Low on Hit Rating and looking for your set bonus? Hit up the Raiments.
- Feet: Flamestalker Boots. Drops from Heroic Ignis.Â
- Hands: Conqueror’s Nightsong Handgrips. Drops from Heroic Mimiron.
- Head: Guise of the Midgard Serpent. Drops from Normal Thorim. While I’d technically consider this best-in-slot, the Conqueror’s Nightsong Headguard is also particularly fantastic and has ArP on it as well. You’ll probably want to use this for one of your T8.5 set bonus.
- Legs: Proto-hide Leggings. Drops from Heroic Razorscale. Check out the sockets on that bitch! Again, the T8.5 legs are pretty comparable to those, especially with two-sockets, and could thus be utilized for a set bonus if you needed.
- Neck: Brooch of the Wailing Night. Drops from an Emblem of Conquest Vendor in Dalaran. This necklace is fucking great.
- Ring: Cindershard Ring (Heroic Ignis) and Metallic Loop of the Sufferer (Heroic Vezax).
- Shoulders: toss up between Conqueror’s Nightsong Shoulderpads (Yogg Saron) and Treacherous Shoulderpads (Normal XT-002). The difference, here, is partially whether or not you’re looking for an 8.5 set bonus or whether you just want to flat out stack ArP and win. If you’re running low on Hit Rating, the Treacherous Shoulderpads become even better. You’re going to have it a lot easier picking something up on Normal mode right now than Yogg Saron. Go with it.
- Waist: Relic Hunter’s Cord (Heroic Trash). I like it for the ArP and the Hit Rating. If you need Expertise, the Belt of the Twilight Assassin can be bought off of a vendor.
- Weapon: toss up between Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned (Heroic Vezax) and Twisted Visage (Heroic XT-002). Right now, I’d pick up Lotrafen as my best-in-slot because of the ArP. I’m totally overbudget on Hit Rating, so that 70 hit on Twisted Visage does absolutely nothing for me.Â
- Wrists: Mechanist’s Bindings. Heroic Flame Leviathan.