Not enough two-handers? Blizzard totally knows what you mean.

Posted in Feral on Dec 16, 2008

I know that I can never get my paws around enough two-handers. Wryxian understands:

Druids
– Feral Attack Power: All weapons now have the potential to grant feral
attack power based on their dps (as compared to the best superior-
quality weapons available at level 60). Players will see their
existing feral weapons grant roughly the same attack power as they
did before (+/- 2 or so), but many new weapons will be options for
the feral druid. Some feral weapons have had strength converted to
attack power to be more appealing to other classes able to equip
them. All druids will see the amount of feral attack power granted
by an item in the item tooltip, if it grants any, but other players
will not see that information.
– Remove Curse and Abolish Poison can now be used in Moonkin form.
– Genesis: Now works with Tranquility and Hurricane.
– Growl: Range increased to 30 yards.
– King of the Jungle – The Bear effect is now physical, and thus cannot
be dispelled.
– Nature’s Grace – Now also effects Revive.
- Polearms: Now trainable by Druids.
– Primal Tenacity: Now reduces the cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and
Dire Bear Form by 17/33/50% in addition to its previous effects.
– Protector of the Pack: No longer changes value based on party size.
– Savage Roar: The buff now persists outside of Cat Form but only
provides its benefits while in Cat Form.
– Starfall: Instead of canceling shapeshifting, now cancels on
shapeshifting into an animal form.
– Survival of the Fittest: This talent now grants 22/44/66% bonus armor
in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form in addition to all of its previous
effects.
– Swipe: Swipe (Cat) has now been added at level 71, dealing 260%
weapon damage, costs 50 energy with no cooldown. All talents
affecting the Bear Form version affect the Cat Form one as well.
– Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown.

Now, it’s a little too early for me to do the actual AP conversion, but the Wraith Spear is starting to look pretty nice. Will the two-handed maces probably end up a little better with their shiny expertise and hit rating? Probably. This was just a development I wasn’t expecting.

• At 2008.12.16 07:20, Karthis said:

Saw that this morning too. More options are always appreciated. =)

• At 2008.12.16 10:03, Figgster said:

The patch notes included that many feral staves are having their str swapped over to atp to make them more appealing to other classes, but the notes don’t say any other types of weapons getting this conversions (luckily).

I’m grateful that I managed to pick up Inevitable Defeat last week. It ought to prove a reasonably awesome weapon.

• At 2008.12.16 10:55, Spectrum said:

Feral staves having AP might help hunters pick them up. Right now physical DPS staves are pretty much the exclusive realm of druids.

I like this change. If I remember correctly, Polearms were originally available to druids in beta. When I found out my druid after release couldn’t use them, I was greatly saddened, but I got over it.

This is one place where I think gear consolidation is a definite win.

• At 2008.12.16 11:19, Beary said:

Too bad they aren’t just leaving it as +str and converting it to AP. I liked the benefit from kings.

• At 2008.12.16 11:28, Kal said:

Wow, I didn’t notice the Polearm bit at all. That’s stellar.

Though it’s funny that bears are supposed to wear rogue leather, plate tanking jewelry and use hunter melee weapons now.

• At 2008.12.25 02:20, Allbeefsteak said:

I can’t find the Polearm trainer anywhere (Horde). I heard it might be a bug.

• At 2008.12.25 14:26, Runycat said:

Yeah? Supposedly it’s trainable by the dude in the War Quarter of the Undercity and by some Blood Elf in Fairstrider Square in Silvermoon.

You realize that this hasn’t been implemented yet, correct?